NOTE: BEFORE YOU START WORK, READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY. After you’ve read carefully, the instructions are designed to be followed from top to bottom.
The tools you need to install the Super Gerbil are:
- Small screw driver
- Set of small pliers (pcb mounting)
- Optional Wire stripper for motor and buttons
- Optional multi-meter to verify power
Hints and Tips for installation
- Before you do anything, take careful photos of your machine’s existing wiring/setup. These are invaluable for reference or follow up if you get stuck
- Don’t connect power or USB until you get to the relevant part of the instructions
- Don’t rush, take your time to check and review the installation
- Be safe ! If you’re not sure, find out or get professional help
- Screw terminals: tight is just right. Don’t over-tighten the screw terminals
- Label the wires from your machine, so you can quickly locate and install into the corrects Super Gerbil sockets
- Identify and layout all parts upfront in sequence so you don’t accidentally substitute parts
- Plan upfront where you want to mount and install the controller to ensure your cabling is long enough
- Be conscious that all wires act as antennas, picking up and/or radiating interference, so keep them as short as practical.
- All physical dimensions referred to in installations are in millimeters (mm). There are 25.4 mm per inch.
- If things don’t work, don’t panic and reach out to the community forum. The Awesome.Tech team monitor the online forum and provide support (priority given to Gold and Silver tier support questions).