Super Gerbil has extra functionality compared to standard grbl
You can communicate with Super Gerbil via any G-code sender like UGS or CNCjs. Super Gerbil uses all the GRBL commands but has additional $ settings for features.
- $7 = M6, toggle 0 or pulse 1 function
- $8 = Tn pulse duration, milliseconds
- $9 = M6 pulse duration, milliseconds
- $19 = soft start for Spindle motors – value is in mS e.g. $19=20 is usually a good increment.
- $28 = pwm frequency selection e.g. $28=4 (1kHz)
- $33 = fault monitoring of the Spindle driver. Enable 1 or disable 0. If enabled and the spindle driver faults, then the system aborts the current CNC cycle
- $100 up to $104 – step size for each axis (X,Y,Z,A,B)
- $110 up to $114 – feed rate
- $120 up to $124 – acceleration rate
What next ?
Once your setup is complete, undertake a number of basic projects to learn your machine and understand its limits.
We’ll be expanding this section in the near future with some example projects we’ve done.